Import customs clearance agent is for general trade agent import. General trade agents must determine whether their import mode is T/T or L/C before customs declaration. In case of L/C, the L/C must be issued first. After the L/C is issued, the import shipping date shall be determined, and the ship will arrive. Start general trade agent import declaration.
Documents and procedures required by the import customs clearance agent
- First, provide the arrival notice, original bill of lading or telex release letter of guarantee in exchange for the bill of lading.
- Prepare documents required for general trade import declaration:
- Necessary documents: list, INVOICE, contract in one copy, customs declaration, and power of attorney for each declaration;
- If the goods imported from EU, the United States, South Korea and Japan are wooden packing cases, a heat treatment certificate or plant quarantine certificate shall be provided; if they are not wooden, non wooden packing shall be provided;
- Certificates issued according to tax rules (such as import license, mechanical and electrical equipment certificate, important industrial product certificate);
- Provide tax reduction and exemption certificate manual with tax reduction and exemption manual.
- After the import declaration, the customs needs to review the price, and the customer needs to provide relevant price certificates. Such as letters of credit, insurance policies, original INVOICE, bidding and other customs documents. Customers need to pay taxes within 7 working days. If the time limit is exceeded, the customs will pay late fees after the time limit is exceeded. If the goods are delivered home (warehouse) without customs clearance inspection and release. In addition, the goods must be declared to the Customs within 14 days after arrival in Hong Kong. If the time limit is exceeded, the customs shall calculate the overdue fine on a daily basis (5/10000 of the value of the goods). If the time limit is exceeded for more than three months, the customs will sell the goods as the main goods:
- First, get the bill of lading of the foreign customer, INVOICE. The box, if imported from South Korea or Japan, must also have a non wood packaging certificate;
- Take the bill of lading to the shipping company for exchange, that is, take the bill of lading from the shipping company for exchange, that is, the manifest. The above is the detailed shipping information of the imported goods of your company;
- Imported goods that need to be inspected in advance shall also be inspected by the Commodity Inspection Bureau. In fact, replacement and commodity inspection should be carried out in advance. If the imported goods do not need commodity inspection, it is not necessary.
- After changing the order, if commodity inspection is required, fill in the import declaration form and declare to the freight forwarder. The information required for customs declaration is: INVOICE. Packing list. Bill of lading exchanged from shipping company. Power of Attorney for Customs Declaration. Declaration of imported goods. If commercial inspection is required, there is also a commercial inspection certificate;
- Goods imported by general trade agency shall pay import duties. Therefore, in order to speed up import customs clearance, it is better to write a verbal check (but in this way, the financial department of general enterprises will not agree). After the Customs issues a letter of payment, it shall issue a cheque. Generally speaking, customs duties on imported goods should be paid by cheque. Tariffs are generally paid to the Bank of China. After the payment of customs duties, the bank will stamp on the payment form; Now there are more single window online tax payment.
- Give the payment letter to the freight forwarder, and then the freight forwarder will clear the customs. This is often referred to as release;
- After receiving the tariff, the customs will stamp the release seal of Shanghai Customs on the bill of lading and take the bill of lading to the dock where the shipping company is located to pick up the goods. (This is often referred to as secondary release)
If you need import custom clearance agents service, plz feel free to contact us.