This article will introduce what kind of problems should be considered in choose an international transport company. I hope it helps.
1. Inspect certificate of transport company
Verify the business license before shipment, check the non vessel operating common carrier(NVOCC) code of the transport company and the international forwarder certificate number approved by the relevant department, or the relevant certificate of country-level NVOCC agent as well as the registration time and registered capital (this is the most basic and necessary).
2. Be aware of the transport company grade
Transport companies are generally divided into first, second, third, fourth level and so on. Generally, shipping companies will issue freight rate and shipping space to first-level freight forwarders (NVOCCS). Another kind that has direct contact with freight shipping companies is the designated agent of shipping companies, that is, freight forwarders that can provide stable supply of goods for a long time and maintain good cooperative relations with shipping companies (similar to first-level NVOCCs). After getting the route price, the first-level shipping agent will issue it to some subordinate second-level freight forwarders in bulk cheap, and the second-level ones will send relevant information and freight rates to the third-class freight companies, and so on.
Therefore, sometimes shippers directly apply to the shipping company for prices and shipping space which might be a lot higher than that of transport company. However, choosing a freight forwarder is also prone to problems. For example, when finding a fourth-level freight forwarder to ship the goods, once problems arise, the solution efficiency will be rather slow and it is easy to complicate things. Therefore, it is better to choose a first-level freight forwarder with high reputation (NVOCC) when choosing a freight forwarder.
3. Conditions for choosing a freight forwarder
(1) First of all, it is necessary to know the dominant route and the superior shipping company, and then get to know the route from the carrier to the port, closing day, sailing days, and whether the freight rate is appropriate.
(2) Whether the company can provide relevant agent customs clearance, trailer and warehouse storage capacity, preferably with its own cargo customs clearance and trailer department, so that the whole process of transportation can be more properly connected. The designated transport company takes full charge of any flaw in the link.
(3) Whether the forwarder understands the pattern of international trade and its development trend and freight traffic direction, etc. For example, in Western Europe, the United States, Canada, Japan and other countries with higher industrialization, it brings great convenience to shippers to predict costs that knowing whether goods is exported to the country's port of destination, there is any special limitation on the items, what special relevant certificates needed and what kind of additional charge should be charged in a certain route.
(4) Whether the pre-allocated shipping company is a direct vessel or needs to make a transfer, which port the transfer takes place, and whether the transfer can be made to ensure that the transfer is completed on the current ship without offloading at the transit port.
(5) As for transporting special product, it's necessary to know whether the transport company has the transport ability and services to receive these special products, such as chemical products, frozen products, food, dangerous goods, items in powder or liquid state, as well as OOG (RF, NOR, FR OT, etc.) and other special services (depending on their own enterprise product). Generally speaking, qualified carriers of special goods can provide relevant documents such as shipping certificates.
(6) A first-level freight forwarder shall be skilled in operating the carriage of goods by sea documents, understand the process and steps of relevant agents, and ensure the accuracy, clarity and promptness. The main sea freight logistics documents include bill of lading, sea waybill, manifest, invoice, delivery note, packing list, dock receipt, Mate's Receipt.
(7) A better freight forwarder should be familiar with customs procedures and port business processes. Customs clearance is a traditional function of a freight forwarder in import and export trade. In the dual relationship between the freight forwarder and the customs authorities and customers, the legal status of the freight forwarder varies from country to country, but the customs agent is usually authorized by the government. The customer shall consider whether the forwarder's capacity as a customs agent is capable of protecting both the customer and the customs authorities in the performance of their duties.
The freight forwarder should have the ability to handle the port arrival and departure formalities, bonded storage, inland customs clearance, etc. The operation ability of port procedures is very important.
Shanghai Realhong international logistics Co., Ltd. has been focusing on the international logistics special line cargo transport services since establishment. While constantly improving the service quality, we are also gradually improving our freight services, striving to provide faster, safer, more economical and higher level international air and sea transport services.