What Are Hazardous Chemicals？
Hazardous chemicals refer to highly toxic drugs and other chemicals that are toxic, corrosive, explosive, combustible, and combustion-supporting, and are harmful to humans, facilities, and the environment.
Common hazardous chemicals are divided into 8 categories according to their main hazard characteristics:
2. Compressed and liquefied gases
3. Flammable liquid
4. Flammable solids, spontaneous combustion articles and flammable articles in case of moisture
5. Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides
6. Toxic substances
7. Radioactive material
Are Hazardous Chemicals Transportation the Same as Dangerous Goods Transportation?
Hazardous chemicals refer to highly toxic chemicals and other chemicals that are toxic, corrosive, explosive, combustion supporting and harmful to human body, facilities and environment. Dangerous goods refer to substances and articles with explosive, flammable, toxic, corrosive and other dangerous characteristics that are easy to cause personal casualties, property damage or environmental pollution during transportation, storage, production, operation, use and disposal. Some chemicals may be both dangerous chemicals and dangerous goods, such as flammable liquids and flammable solids; Some chemicals may only belong to dangerous chemicals but not dangerous goods, and can be transported as ordinary goods, such as respiratory or skin sensitization and germ cell mutagenicity; Some products are not included in the category of dangerous chemicals, but belong to dangerous goods, such as infectious substances, radioactive substances, some lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries and other products, which result in the transporting method the dangerous goods transportation.
Chemical Freight Services
The following points should be noted for hazard chemicals transportation:
1. Tools and containers used for transporting hazardous chemicals can only be used after passing the test. When transporting toxic and harmful substances, measures shall be taken to prevent leakage.
2. Provide safety knowledge training for personnel handling and transporting hazardous chemicals; Loading, unloading and transportation personnel can only take up their posts after passing the examination. Loading, unloading and transportation personnel must master the knowledge of transportation of hazardous chemicals guidelines.
3. The loading, unloading and transportation personnel of dangerous chemicals shall ship dangerous goods in accordance with the requirements
4. In case of contact with hazardous chemicals that are easy to cause combustion, explosion or other hazards, as well as chemical properties and fire extinguishing methods, hazardous chemicals with conflict of laws shall not be mixed and transported.
5. Heat insulation, cooling and moisture-proof measures shall be taken for the shipment of dangerous chemicals that are easy to cause explosion or produce toxic and harmful gases in case of heat and humidity.
6. Vehicles, equipment, tools and sites contaminated by highly toxic and corrosive chemicals must be cleaned and removed in time.
Possible Hazards During Hazardous Chemicals Transportation
1. During transportation, static electricity is generated due to the friction between hazardous chemicals and storage containers due to uneven roads or acceleration and deceleration of vehicles. When the electrostatic spark has some conditions, it will explode.
2. Hazardous chemicals reaction occurs due to poor ventilation during transportation.
3. During transportation, hazardous chemicals come into contact with fire sources due to traffic accidents, resulting in explosion.
Safety Precautions For Transportation Of Hazardous Chemicals
Safety precautions for transportation of hazardous chemicals have some points, hazardous chemical transportation requirements are as follows.:
1. The driver must learn a certain amount of chemical industry knowledge and understand the physical and chemical properties of the chemicals that are often carried.
2. The driver must be careful while driving and drive slowly.
3. The driver needs to check whether the transported items are leaking at intervals.
4. The driving route and time should be chosen appropriately. The transportation of dangerous goods should choose the main national highway with smooth roads. Keep driving away from towns and residential areas. When it is necessary to pass, check again and make sure that there is no leakage before crossing the border.
5. Carefully unload to prevent pollution. Most of the chemical products are toxic and corrosive. If you don't pay attention, they will easily pollute the environment, especially the liquid products will easily pollute the land and water sources.