Pallets were brought to the attention of the U.K. and the U.S. in 1930 for the storage of special cargo. A system of consolidation units consisting of pallets and containers came into being. Pallets were used in warehouses as pads for heavy loads. Pallets and containers were the new weapons that helped the U.S. Army win. This pallet handling method developed by the U.S. Army in World War II was extended to the whole world after the war by the industry in Europe as a new weapon for economic warfare.
Ⅰ. What is international pallet shipping?
International pallet shipping is a mode of transport in which goods are assembled on a standard pallet according to certain requirements and combined into a transport unit, convenient for loading and unloading, consignment, and stacking by forklift or stacking pallet lift. International pallet shipping will be loaded on pallets of goods and fixed with boxboard paper, plastic film, or metal ropes, with forklifts or other loading and unloading machinery for handling. The goods will be loaded into the car and shipped together in the form of "group transport."
Ⅱ. What are the advantages of international pallet shipping?
With the forklift, pallets improve the heavy labor operation of human loading and unloading and have the advantages of labor-saving and shortening transportation time, contributing a lot to modern logistics. Pallet transportation has become an indispensable tool in modern logistics and is used by countries worldwide. International pallet shipping makes the transport of the assembly unit system easy and cheaper and is a tool for popularizing the assembly unit system. What are the advantages of international pallet shipping?
1. International pallet shipping can improve the problem of more labor when loading and unloading single pieces, as well as low efficiency, large cargo losses, messy separation tickets, labor intensity
2. International pallet transport can improve the quality of freight transport and reduce manual operation links.
3. International pallet transport can enhance the efficiency of going to work and accelerate the turnover of vehicles and ships.
4. Compared with container transport, international pallet transport does not need large special loading and unloading equipment to achieve Grouped transportation, less investment. Therefore, many international ports in third-world countries have promoted pallet transport.
Ⅲ. Precautions for the international pallet shipping
1. The packaging of miscellaneous goods is suitable for international transport on pallets. Bulk, bare, overweight, over-length, or refrigerated goods can not be transported on pallets.
2. Transports must comply with the provisions of the pallet load.
3. Each pallet load must be firmly tied.
4. international freight on the pallet itself is free of freight.
5. The word "pallet transport" must be displayed on all transport documents.